1. It organizes all your research in one place.
2. It helps you avoid plagiarism. With notecards linked to your sources and the ability to organize info by direct quote, paraphrase, and your own ideas you can clearly see where information comes from.
3. It saves you time. Keep notecards to ONE FACT per notecard and use appropriate notecard titles along with the pile feature. When it's time to write your paper, most of your work is done!
4. It helps groups collaborate. You and your partners can see each other's notes, sources, and outlines so that you can truly work on the project collaboratively.
5. I-cyte is cool. Use the I-cyte feature to annotate and archive your web and database sources.
Read a source. Really. Now read it again.
Is there a quote that is SO brilliant that nobody else could match it? Quote directly from the source. Use this option sparingly.
Is there information that you need to include, but you do not need the exact quote? Paraphrase or summarize the source.
Is the information inspiring you to have ideas of your own? Note them down in My Ideas.
YOU MUST CITE YOUR SOURCE IF YOU QUOTE, PARAPHRASE, OR SUMMARIZE.
If you need assistance with Noodletools, try these video tutorials. You can also ask one of the librarians. Click on the help tab once you are logged in.